ADA ACCESSIBILITY POLICY
The Lamb and Lion Inn is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines. This website endeavors to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people. This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
While The Lamb and Lion Inn strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Lamb and Lion Inn website or its contents, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 508-362-5823 or email email@example.com.
ABOUT US, ABOUT OUR HOME
Having had past, as well as current family members with disabilities, we have certainly seen the hurdles first hand that people with disabilities are challenged with on a daily basis. Because of this we are always striving to increase the accessibility of our home with the means that we have to do so on any given time frame. Both innkeepers find that it is of the utmost importance to personally empower those with disabilities, one being a certified personal trainer for seniors, the other a certified volunteer cycling instructor for people with disabilities.
Please know that our home was initially a farmhouse built in 1740, with extensive remodeling to the inn section of the house in the late 1960’s. The main section of the inn, the main common area, as well as 9 of its 10 guest units, are all accessible on the first floor. Because of this there is no elevator. The only exception to this is the Lion’s Den unit, which is down a private staircase with handrails.
- The inn office has 4 steps to enter, however entrance to the office for check-in is never required and can be accomplished anywhere outside of the office, including in the first floor common area.
- The 4 “Lair” rooms, the 2 “Sweets” and the “Innkeeper’s Pride” are all located on the first floor and do not require steps of any kind, either to enter the unit or once in the unit.
- The inn office has 4 stairs, however entrance to the office for check-in is never necessary and a staff member can easily check-in a guest outside of the office, or in the first floor common area.
- The Lamb’s Retreat unit has a ground floor living and dining area and master bedroom, however because it is a converted 1740 horse stable, the bathroom and loft bedroom are only accessible by a small set of stairs, with 1 landing.
- The main section of the 1740 Barn is on the first floor level, however there is one short step to get into the Barn. The master bathroom and loft bedrooms are only accessible by stairs. Recently we added a new half bath on the first floor for people who have difficulty with stairs.
- As you enter the main guest entrance there is 1 step in the hallway, followed by 2 steps further down the hall nearer to the common area. There is always a staff member on hand it assistance is required.
- There are 2 steps to get down into the courtyard area, in which handrails were recently added.
PRIVACY INFORMATION COLLECTING
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a streamlined experience in making reservations at the Lamb and Lion Inn. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this. Personally identifiable information is only obtained when making a reservation or signing up for our newsletter.
We do not gather sensitive personal data (eg. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any sensitive such data to us.
We sometimes use data collection devices called “cookies” on certain pages of the site to measure effectiveness and safety. A cookie is a small file that gets placed on your hard-drive that helps us provide our services. By using and browsing our website you consent to cookies being used. If you do not consent you must turn off cookies or refrain from using our site. You are free to decline cookies if you chose to as most browsers allow you to turn off cookies.
At the Lamb and Lion Inn we take security seriously. When users make a reservation we use every precaution to safe guard it online and offline. We do not share sell or trade email addresses, information collected as part of a survey or specific details about you or your household. We do not contribute to or participate in shared or cooperative databases, which give other companies access to your information.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
If you are an EU resident, you have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you with to exercise these rights please contact us.
Requesting: You may request a copy of any data we hold abut you. Upon request we will provide a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Correcting: The accuracy of this information is important to us. If you have a change of email address, or if any other information we hold is inaccurate or out dated, please contact us so we may correct our records.
Deleting: You have the right t request erasure of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (eg. we need to use that data to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted or request.