Come. Sit. Stay.
We're people AND pet friendly!
Your pet can also come along and enjoy the laid-back luxury of our unique
Lamb and Lion Inn: "1 of the top 12 pet-friendliest places in the World." ~ CNN.com, 2013
Editor's Choice: "#1 Pet friendly property in New England." ~ Yankee Magazine, 2013
Traveling with your furry offspring can be challenging. Take advantage of our pet-friendly lodging on Cape Cod, and we'll help point out dog-friendly beaches, fun things to do with your pooch, pet-friendly ferries to the islands and whale watching, as well as pet-friendly outdoor dining. If nothing else, you can both relax poolside with a Cape Cod Beer and a bowl of cold water. Does it get any better?
Please check out our "Pet Etiquette" info before booking Fido.
1. There is a 30-pound pet weight restriction.
2. Aggressive dogs need not apply! If you're remotely concerned with your dog around other, sometimes smaller pets, or children, please leave him or her behind.
3. Dogs cannot be left in the room unattended. We ask that you take Fido with you when you leave the property. An in-room pet sitter may be arranged with advanced notice. There is also a wonderful doggie day care with a "doggie cam" 5 minutes away (they require papers).
4. All dogs must be leashed while on the property.
5. There is a $25/night per pet fee (with a $100 maximum per pet).
6. Our Inn will only accept 3 pets at a time. Please inquire before booking yours.
7. We ask that all dogs (and guests) be well groomed prior to arrival. A $30 cleaning fee will be applied for excessive fur left behind.
8. Bring bedding or a portable carrier for your pet to sleep in if you have any.
9. Pet sheets, towels, and water bowls are available free of charge at the Inn.
10. Please don't leave any Cape Cod souvenirs! We have 4 acres for your pooch to walk on and ask that you please pick up after them.
Need to board your dog for an afternoon of your entire stay?
The Lamb and Lion Inn recommends...
The Inn is lucky to have dog-friendly conservation trails across the street and a beautiful beach within walking distance. Treat Fido to an adventure after breakfast, after all, he had to sit their drooling while you ate! Later in the day, you can follow one of our self-guided tours to find the Cape's best dog-friendly trails, bike paths, beaches, and ponds.
There are several dog-friendly beaches around for when Fido craves a mouth full of salty surf. Again, we'll help you orchestrate your days with our free pet friendly self-guided driving tours and maps!
Unfortunately, dining with your pooch is not the most convenient situation, as the stars have to line up and find you at a restaurant that 1) has outdoor dining, and 2) is pet-friendly. Of course the weather has to be cooperating. The Barnstable Tavern in our local village is just such a place, and if you're dog loves live jazz, then he or she will certainly enjoy their Sunday brunch. Just a few minutes from the Inn is Main Street, Hyannis, which has fun outdoor dining (a bark-tacular place to grab a sandwich and people/dog watch!). In season, the pet-friendly Sesuit Harbor Cafe has the BEST lobster rolls, or better yet, you and Fido can kick back here at the Inn for a poolside BBQ!
Although our nearby whale watch boat (located 2 miles down the road) does not accept pets, our guests with pets often like to take the ride up to Provincetown and hop on the dog-friendly "Dolphin Fleet." Take one of our driving tours for the ride up to catch some fun pet-friendly destinations along the way--always a good time! On the way back from whale watching, expect lots of questions from your dog as to what the heck they just witnessed.
Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard
If watching reruns of Gilligan's Island all day while you're at work has piqued Fido's curiosity, both the Hy-Line and Steamship Authority ferries accept pets at no cost. Both ferry companies leave out of Hyannis Harbor--just 10 minutes from the Lamb and Lion Inn. Just like being on Cape Cod or anywhere else, once on the island with a pet your options for dining & sightseeing become limited, but you can still have a great time and we'll send you along with lots of info and recommendations!